Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
Such useful stuff! I’m super excited about college :)
I love my mom.
I am risking nothing
I AM SORRY FOLLOWERS, I LOVE MY MOMMY
Will not risk.
sorry followers :(
omg im so glad to se so many people love their mummy
Why’re you being mean to my mum?
MamA… LOve my mAmA…
SORRY FOLLOWERS I LOVE MY MOM
Noooooooooooo I love my mum
DON’T SCROLL PAST THIS!!!
If you have already seen this, you can’t go back.
You see that figure in the background? It is a ghost. An evil one.
If you don’t reblog this, that ghost will come into your room.
ah man you guys. We can’t risk it.
AHHHH WHY THE FUCK DID I LOOK AT IT AGAIN
I’M SORRY FOLLOWERS
I JUST DON’T WANNA DIE
*GIVES YOU ALL KISSUS*
FUCK YOU I WILL NOT RISK IT
Will not Skip this
IM SORRY I HATE THIS THING
FOR FUCK SAKE I HATE THESE
im so sorry about reblogging this im just afraid ok
OH MY GOD I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE IM A FUCKING IDIOT JESUS CHRIST
- The must-read college survival guide! Can’t do without #1
- Best College Life Hacks
- This must read check list will help you pick the college of your dreams
- How to Shave Down Your School Supply Budget
- Majors that won’t make you money
- How to do college right; this is really good info!
- Unique, high paying jobs that don’t require a degree. Who needs student loans?
- What up Class of 2014? Think you’ll survive senior year? Here are some great tips!
- Hilarious Textbook Hacks! LOL at the ‘Kung Fu Gland’!
- The list could be a least a few pages long but here are 15 Things You’ll Miss After Graduating College
Don’t have the extra cash to spare but still want to take college courses? Perhaps you have kids to teach or you weren’t able to finish High School? NO PROBLEM! I got you covered!!
College Education Online for FREE!
“The Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. We’re a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere.”
“We are a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free. We envision a future where the top universities are educating not only thousands of students, but millions. Our technology enables the best professors to teach tens or hundreds of thousands of students.”
Learn. Think. Do.
Higher Education for Free
Panacea is a registered non-profit organisation, dedicated to educational study and research. The Panacea University is the world’s first open source online university.
“ALISON provides a new world of free online learning opportunity”
UNESCO Director General, Dr Irina Bokova
“ALISON opens up the world of knowledge offering new, flexible, and exciting ways to learn”
Dept. of Innovation, Universities & Skills, UK GOVT
“A Creative Model of Open Education for a Global Economy”
New York Times
At w3schools.com you will learn how to make a website. We offer free tutorials in all web development technologies.
Select a tutorial from the menu to the left.
Tracks are series of courses grouped to help you master a topic or language. Choose one to start learning!
MIT OpenCourseWare Free Online Classes
Educators, need a resource for setting up a course online?
Moodle is an Open Source Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It has become very popular among educators around the world as a tool for creating online dynamic web sites for their students. To work, it needs to be installed on a web server somewhere, either on one of your own computers or one at a web hosting company.
Zero Emissions Research and Initiatives (ZERI) is a global network of creative minds, seeking solutions to the ever increasing problems of the world.
Take part in their free educational course.FULL COURSES & SEMINARS!! DON’T LET THIS PASS YOU BY!
A collection of sites and apps that will help you learn spanish:
- Tumblr blogs about languages or certain countries
- 8 spanish podcasts every Spanish learner should listen to
- Great blog to help learn Spanish vocab by looking at cute gifs of words
- Duolingo (highly recommend this one)
- Memrise uses images to help you learn vocab
- Learn Spanish with real-world videos
- Spanish study guide
- Spanish repetition
- Top 10 YouTube channels to learn Spanish
- A site with Spanish grammar and vocabulary
- Apps for learning Spanish
- Spanish dictionary
- A phrasebook for many common colloquialisms and their equivalents in Spanish
- Collections of Spanish slang, idioms, tips and tricks for learning
- Comprehensive list of Spanish cognates
- Practice writing in your new language and have your writing reviewed by native speakers
- Online magazine reader- You can search “Spanish” and find many Spanish magazines to read
- Spanish essentials for dummies- free book
- Verb conjugator, sentence maker and translator
- Vocabulary builder
- Famous Spanish sayings and their english translations
- Watch all the american and other tv shows in spanish!
Let me know if you found other sites that should be put here, or if some sites stopped working. Enjoy:)
Quite a few people requested some form of trait/personality generator, and here’s the result! I wanted to keep it vague enough that the options could work for any universe, be it modern, fantasy, scifi, or anything else, so these are really just the basics. Remember that a character is much more than a list of traits, and this should only be used as a starting point– I tried to include a variety of things, but further development is definitely a must.
Could pair well with the gender and sexuality generator.
To Play: Click and drag each gif, or if that isn’t working/you’re on mobile, just take a screenshot of the whole thing (multiple screenshots may be required if you want more than one trait from each category).
TIPS:GRAMMAR (WORDS):NAMES:NOVEL:CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT:PLOT, CONFLICT, STRUCTURE and OUTLINE:SETTING, WORLDBUILDING AND FANTASY:POINT OF VIEW:OTHERS:
For more posts like this, follow the Ultrafacts Blog!
The whole compiled list of useful links. More is to come! Follow today!
lovelycharts.com – create flowcharts, network diagrams, sitemaps, etc.
e.ggtimer.com – a simple online timer for your daily needs.
coralcdn.org – if a site is down due to heavy traffic, try accessing it through coral CDN.
random.org – pick random numbers, flip coins, and more.
google.com/webfonts – a good collection of open source fonts.
homestyler.com – design from scratch or re-model your home in 3d.
join.me – share you screen with anyone over the web.
wetransfer.com – for sharing really big files online.
hundredzeros.com – the site lets you download free Kindle books.
polishmywriting.com – check your writing for spelling or grammatical errors.
marker.to – easily highlight the important parts of a web page for sharing.
whichdateworks.com – planning an event? find a date that works for all.
everytimezone.com – a less confusing view of the world time zones.
gtmetrix.com – the perfect tool for measuring your site performance online.
noteflight.com – print music sheets, write your own music online (review).
imo.im – chat with your buddies on Skype, Facebook, Google Talk, etc. from one place.
translate.google.com – translate web pages, PDFs and Office documents.
kleki.com – create paintings and sketches with a wide variety of brushes.
similarsites.com – discover new sites that are similar to what you like already.
wordle.net – quick summarize long pieces of text with tag clouds.
bubbl.us – create mind-maps, brainstorm ideas in the browser.
kuler.adobe.com – get color ideas, also extract colors from photographs.
ge.tt – qiuckly send a file to someone, they can even preview it before downloading.
tinychat.com – setup a private chat room in micro-seconds.
privnote.com – create text notes that will self-destruct after being read.
draw.io – create diagrams and flowcharts in the browser, export your drawings to Google Drive and Dropbox.
downforeveryoneorjustme.com – find if your favorite website is offline or not?
urbandictionary.com – find definitions of slangs and informal words.
scribblemaps.com – create custom Google Maps easily.
formspring.me – you can ask or answer personal questions here.
sumopaint.com – an excellent layer-based online image editor.
snopes.com – find if that email offer you received is real or just another scam.
typingweb.com – master touch-typing with these practice sessions.
mailvu.com – send video emails to anyone using your web cam.
timerime.com – create timelines with audio, video and images.
stupeflix.com – make a movie out of your images, audio and video clips.safeweb.norton.com – check the trust level of any website.
For more posts like this, follow the Ultrafacts Blog!
I just came.